Friday 30 May 2014

The day my world changed

Ok slightly dramatic I know, but did I get your attention.

This week my world changed, all of a sudden I realised something exciting but scary all at once, my little girl, is no longer little.

It happened suddenly without warning. The day had started like any other school day the mad rush trying to get my two big kids to school, when my oldest nervously came up to me.

Excuse me mum, she sheepishly looked at me. Can you please just cut my sandwiches normally, as I am getting to old for shapes.

With that my world was crushed. 

You see since my kids were in prep I have been cutting there sandwiches in different shapes, we have had butterfly's, mickeys, dinosaurs, letters, trains and my  favourite  elephants. 


I tried hearts but that didn't go well as my son was in prep and refused to eat his own heart. 


So all of a sudden a tradition started so innocently so many years ago now needs to be adapted, Letter Cookie anyone? 

No comments:

Post a Comment