Wednesday 26 March 2014

How a Child see's a Working Mum?

I came to the realisation in my late twenties that I was raised in a family with a working mother.

I don’t know why it took me so long to realise, maybe because she was always there for us, at the school sports, the weekend netball games, maybe because she worked nights so was home when I went to school each morning, and left when I went to bed at night.

As a child I didn’t see the sacrifices she made, living on very little sleep. Cleaning up when she should be resting. Making birthday cakes each year for me and my four siblings.
I saw her as Mum, no titles, no acronyms. She wasn’t a SAHM, a WAHM, a FTWM, a PTWM, a WOHM, (You get the picture) she was and still is just my Mum.

Someone I could confide in, someone I could laugh with, someone I could play with, someone who made my school lunch box each day. Who made sure I had clean clothes for school. Someone who I could feel safe and secure with. I never felt like she put work in front of me, I felt like she worked for me and my siblings.
And now as a mum to four beautiful children myself I try to see myself through their eyes. Yes I work from home, and occasionally outside of home, but that doesn’t change who I am to them.
I am a mum, I am their mum and that’s all that matters.
http://www.bubsandbeans.com.au/blog-home.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment